RECENT POSITIVE SIGNS FOR HOMEBUYERS AND SELLERS:
- Existing-home sales moved higher in April for the second consecutive month, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
- NAR’s pending home sales index rose for the third consecutive month in April to the highest level in more than a decade.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce reported that sales of newly built homes rose to the fastest pace in more than eight years in April.
- According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, housing starts rose 6.6 percent in April.
- Fannie Mae’s Home Purchase Sentiment Index rose to an all-time high in May as consumers were more upbeat about their paychecks and home selling.